Bacarro assumes post as AFP chief of staff | Inquirer News

Bacarro assumes post as AFP chief of staff

/ 07:19 PM August 08, 2022
Armed Forces of the Philippines chief of staff Lt. Gen. Bartolome Vicente Bacarro. Photo Courtesy of Southern Luzon Command, AFP/Facebook Page

Armed Forces of the Philippines chief of staff Lt. Gen. Bartolome Vicente Bacarro. Photo Courtesy of Southern Luzon Command, AFP/Facebook Page

MANILA, Philippines — Lt. Gen. Bartolome Vicente Bacarro officially assumed Monday his post as chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).

In his speech, Bacarro outlined the priorities of his leadership by using the acronym of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s call during the presidential campaign: Unity.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Unparalleled professionalism. Noble utilization of resources. Invigorating capability development. Tenacity in sustaining our gains. Yearning for Service Excellence,” Bacarro said during the AFP change of command ceremony at Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon City.

Among Bacarro’s promises is to monitor projects under the AFP Modernization Program.

FEATURED STORIES

“Aligned with our modernization efforts, we will carefully monitor our acquisition based on upgrade tranche. We will facilitate this new and upcoming capabilities ensuring that the delivery and related processes are followed to the dot,” Bacarro said.

Bacarro previously led the AFP-Southern Luzon Command.

He graduated in the upper quartile of the Philippine Military Academy “Maringal” Class of 1988.

Bacarro is the first chief-of-staff of the AFP to be given a fixed three-year term, citing the Republic Act No. 11709 signed by former President Rodrigo Duterte.

R.A. 11709 sets a fixed three-year tour of duty for the AFP chief of staff, vice chief of staff, the deputy chief of staff, the major service commanders, unified command commanders, and inspector general “unless sooner terminated by the President.”

Bacarro, received the country’s highest military award for combat, the Medal of Valor, after leading an operation to repel a communist guerrilla attack in Isabela in 1991.

RELATED STORIES:

Bongbong Marcos tells new AFP chief: Journey will not be an easy one

Recall Bacarro promotion, hazing victim’s kin plead

JMS
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: AFP modernization program, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Bartolome Vicente Bacarro, Bongbong Marcos
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.