Rape case file vs Vhong Navarro not missing, now with Taguig fiscal – official
MANILA, Philippines — Documents on the criminal case filed against actor and television host Ferdinand “Vhong” Navarro is not missing, the National Prosecution Service (NPS) of the Department of Justice (DOJ) said Monday.
Prosecutor General Benedicto Malcontento made the statement following a report that the reason the case against the actor had not been lodged was that the rape case file was missing.
“No. Just tracing it because it was under petition for review. When it was located, it contained numerous pages. The paging must be indicated in the transmittal,” Malcontento said.
“The folder was transmitted to the Office of the City Prosecutor (OCP) in Taguig City last Friday,” he added.
Malcontento likewise gave assurance that the case file is intact and the parties and their lawyers need not worry.
Last week, the Court of Appeals (CA) granted the petition for review filed by model Deniece Milinette Cornejo. The CA ordered the prosecution to file the case against Navarro.
Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla said they would comply with the CA’s order.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.