Pagasa: Cloudy, wet Tuesday in 5 regions, 2 provinces due to LPA; fairer weather elsewhere
MANILA, Philippines — Five regions and two provinces will experience overcast skies and scattered rain showers on Tuesday due to the low pressure area (LPA) off Occidental Mindoro and the southwest monsoon, according to the state weather bureau.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said the LPA was last monitored 95 kilometers northwest of San Jose, Occidental Mindoro.
“Malaking bahagi ng bansa makakaranas ng maulap na kalangitan na may mga pag-ulan dahil sa habagat at LPA,” Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio said in an early morning forecast.
(A big part of the country will have cloudy skies and rains brought about by the southwest monsoon and the LPA.)
The following regions will be affected by the two weather systems throughout the day:
- Mimaropa (Marinduque, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Palawan, Romblon)
- Western Visayas — Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, Negros Occidental
- Central Visayas — Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental, Siquijor
- Zamboanga Peninsula — Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay
- BARMM — Basilan, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi
The LPA and the southwest monsoon will similarly trigger rains in Northern Mindanao’s Misamis Occidental and Lanao del Norte.
Meanwhile, Metro Manila and the rest of the country will have generally fair weather with chances of isolated rains especially in the afternoon or evening, according to Aurelio.
The state weather bureau also outlined the temperature range in the following cities and areas on Tuesday:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 16 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 23 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.