Actor Tirso Cruz III takes oath as new FDCP chair
MANILA, Philippines — Actor Tirso Cruz III took his oath on Tuesday as the new chairperson and chief executive of the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) before President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
Cruz was among the appointed officials who took their oath before Marcos in the Malacañang Palace.
The actor replaced former beauty queen and actress Mary Liza Diño.
Following are the Marcos appointees who take their oath on Tuesday:
- Quezon Rep. Junie Cua as Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office chairperson
- Antonio Manuel Lagdameo as the permanent representative of the Philippines to the United Nations
- Mark Lapid, as the chief operating officer of the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority
- Romeo Lumagui Jr as deputy commissioner for operations of the Bureau of Internal Revenue
- Juan Revilla as a member of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board
- Jose Manuel Romualdez as ambassador to the United States
- Abdulghani Salapuddin as administrator and chairman of the Southern Philippines Development Authority
- Jose Arnulfo Veloso as president and general manager of the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)
- Ramon Zagala as commander of the Presidential Security Group and as Marcos’ senior military assistant
- Amenah Pangandaman as secretary of the Department of Budget and Management
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.