No officer-in-charge yet for DOH
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday said the incoming administration of Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has yet to announce an officer-in-charge to succeed outgoing Health Secretary Francisco Duque III.
The DOH said it is still waiting for instructions from the Office of Executive Secretary.
“The DOH awaits further advice and instructions from the Office of the Executive Secretary as to the OIC/Head of Agency upon transition into the new administration,” the Health Department said in a statement.
So far, the names of two personalities have been floated as the next DOH chief.
The Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines is endorsing COVID-19 task force adviser Dr. Ted Herbosa to head the DOH under the Marcos administration.
Dr. Edsel Salvana, a member of the DOH Technical Advisory Group, has also been mentioned.
Duque, for his part, said he plans to return to teaching after his DOH stint.