Lookout Bulletin Order issued vs SUV driver that ran over a security guard | Inquirer News

Lookout Bulletin Order issued vs SUV driver that ran over a security guard

/ 01:21 PM June 14, 2022
Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra has placed the owner of the Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) that ran over a security guard in Mandaluyong under the government's Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO).

CAUGHT ON DASHCAM | The security guard is shown being run over by this motorist in this screengrab of the dashcam footage. (Video courtesy of MIKO ANGELO RAMOS)

MANILA, Philippines — Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra has placed the owner of the Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) that ran over a security guard in Mandaluyong under the government’s Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO).

“The DOJ has issued the ILBO at noon today,” Guevarra told reporters.

ADVERTISEMENT

An ILBO is different from a court-issued hold departure order (HDO) since the former only directs the Bureau of Immigration to be on the lookout for the subject and to verify the status of a case against the subject person and not to restrict an individual from leaving the country.

Guevarra issued the ILBO upon the request of the Mandaluyong police last Monday.

FEATURED STORIES

The Mandaluyong Police made the request for an ILBO against Jose Antonio Sanvicente, the supposed owner of the Toyota RAV4 with plane number NCO 3781. The incident was caught in a now viral dashcam video.

However, as for the Precautionary Hold Departure Order (PHDO) against Sanvicente, Prosecutor General Benedicto Malcontento said a request has yet to be made.

“Complainant (police or representative of the complainant) should initiate that [PHDO]. We are waiting for these procedural requirements.

A PHDO is a written order issued by a court directing the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prevent a person suspected of a crime from leaving the country.

To date, there is already a complaint for frustrated murder and abandonment of one’s victim under Article 275 of the Revised Penal Code (RPC) against Sanvicente for running over 31-year-old security guard Christian Floralde, who was directing traffic at an intersection near a shopping mall in Mandaluyong City last June 5.

Malcontento said that the complaint is currently undergoing preliminary investigation. “The counsel of the respondent obtained a copy of the complaint yesterday (Monday).”

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) had also revoked Sanvicente’s driver’s license and perpetually disqualified him from securing a driver’s license and driving a motor vehicle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Records from the LTO showed that Sanvicente had been apprehended three times for reckless driving in 2010, 2015 and 2016.

RELATED STORIES:

Security guard ‘intentionally’ run over by SUV in Mandaluyong 

Mandaluyong police rap village security for not cooperating in hit-and-run probe 

Owner of SUV in viral hit-and-run case still a no show; LTO to proceed with probe 

JPV
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: DoJ, ILBO, Mandaluyong, SUV
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.