Thursday weather: Sunny in the morning, rain in the afternoon or evening
MANILA, Philippines — The public could expect clear skies and sunny weather in the morning and rain by the afternoon or evening of Thursday, according to the state weather service.
Based on the latest forecast of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) released late Wednesday afternoon, Luzon dwellers would experience hot weather in the morning until around noon. It also said there would be a high chance of quick rain showers by afternoon through evening due to localized thunderstorms.
Pagasa weather specialist Ana Clauren said the same weather conditions would prevail in Visayas and Mindanao as no major weather systems are expected to bring widespread rain over the two regions on Thursday.
“Asahan natin na dito sa buong bahagi ng Luzon magiging maaliwalas ang ating panahon. Mainit lamang po sa umaga hanggang tanghali ngunit mataas ang tiyansa ng mga panandaliang buhos ng ulan pagsapit ng hapon hanggang gabi dala ‘yan ng mga localized thunderstorms,” she said.
(Expect weather in Luzon to be clear. It will just be hot in the morning until around noon, but there is a high chance of brief precipitation by afternoon through evening due to localized thunderstorms.)
Clauren further said Pagasa is not raising any gale warning over the country’s seaboards since only slight to moderate sea conditions are anticipated throughout the country’s surrounding coasts.
Pagasa, at the same time, issued the following temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Thursday:
- Metro Manila: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 15 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.