MANILA, Philippines — The majority of Luzon, including Metro Manila, would continue to see cloudy skies and rain on Friday amid the prevailing southwesterly surface wind flow, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said.
“Dahil pa rin sa southwesterly surface wind flow makakaranas pa rin ng makulimlim na panahon at may mga kalat-kalat na pag-ulan, mga pagkidlat at pagkulog ang Ilocos Region, Cordillera, Cagayan valley, pati na rin sa Metro Manila at sa bahagi ng Calabarzon,” said Pagasa weather specialist Ana Clauren.
(Due to the southwesterly surface wind flow, the Ilocos Region, Cordillera, Cagayan valley, as well as Metro Manila and parts of Calabarzon will continue to experience cloudy weather and widespread rain, lightning, and thunder.)
“Mataas ang tiyansa diyan ng mga light to moderate with at times heavy na mga pagulan,” she added.
(There is a high chance of light to moderate and sometimes heavy rains.)
The rest of Luzon, meanwhile, specifically Mimaropa and Bicol region, will have generally fair weather with chances of thunderstorms by Friday afternoon and evening.
A generally fair weather condition with no widespread rain is also forecast in the entire Visayas region, but precipitation remains likely during the afternoon and evening, the state weather bureau said.
The same goes situation is likewise anticipated for the entire Mindanao region, where rain due to thunderstorms is seen possible in the afternoon and evening despite the predicted hot weather during the rest of the day.
Clauren also said that Pagasa is not seeing any low-pressure area or storm entering the Philippine area of responsibility in the next three to five days.
The late Thursday afternoon forecast of Pagasa also listed the following temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Friday:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 21 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
In terms of sea conditions, Clauren said that despite the presence of the southwesterly surface wind flow, Pagasa did not raise any gale warning. However, moderate to rough seas may be expected over the seaboards of extreme Northern Luzon.