QC Prosecutors indict delivery rider for kill threat vs Bongbong Marcos
MANILA, Philippines — Quezon City prosecutors have indicted for grave threats a delivery rider who posted on social media his threat to harm presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
Michael Go, a food delivery rider, faces a case for violation of Article 282 of the Revised Penal Code for Grave Threats, in relation to Republic Act 10175 or the Cybercrime Law.
The Marcos camp lodged the complaint following a tweet from Go with twitter handle @activistblogger saying, “I was blocked by Marcos Jr in 2016. Paki sabi mag ingat siya sa Tandang Sora QC. Pag dumaan siya dun babarilin ko siya. Di ako takot makulong. Hindi rin ako takot mamatay. Isang malaki karangalan ipaghigante mga kasama ko aktibista biktima ng karahasan panahon ng martial law.”
(I was blocked by Marcos Jr. Tell him to be careful when traveling to Tandang Sora, Quezon City. I will shoot him when he happens to be there, and I am not afraid to go to jail. I am not scared to die. It is a big honor to avenge my activist comrades who were martial law victims.)
Go turned himself over to the police, denying the allegation. Go said the Twitter account does not belong to him. He was, however, detained and subjected to inquest proceedings.
Quoting a resolution by the City Prosecutor, the Office of the Prosecutor General on Tuesday said: “Grave threats is a crime against public security. Article 282 penalizes any person who shall threaten another with the infliction upon the person, honor, or property of the latter or his family of any wrong amounting to a crime.”
The prosecutor has recommended a P72,000 bail.
Previously, a kill threat was made via Tiktok. The supposed owner of the account voluntarily appeared before the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) saying his photo was used on the supposed account that made the threat.