1 hurt as plugged mobile phone triggers fire in Olongapo
OLONGAPO CITY—An elderly woman suffered minor burns after a mobile phone being charged caused a fire on Wednesday, March 30, in Barangay Sta. Rita in this city, authorities said.
The local station of the Bureau of Fire Protection said the plugged mobile phone caught fire after the electricity was restored around 8 a.m.
The city experienced a three-hour power interruption that began at 5 a.m. on Wednesday.
Fire investigators said the house owner managed to quickly turn off the main switch, preventing the fire from spreading.
Local rescue personnel assisted the victim and her daughter, who suffered from heart palpitations due to the incident.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.