Taguig has new school buildings for in-person classes
MANILA, Philippines — Taguig City will open five new school buildings in preparation for the possible reopening of in-person classes following the downgrading of the COVID-19 status of Metro Manila to Alert Level 1.
According to a statement, Taguig will open the following:
- seven-story building at Ciriaco P. Tiñga Elementary School in Barangay Hagonoy
- seven-story building with elevator at Ricardo P. Cruz Sr. Elementary School in Barangay New Lower Bicutan
- four-story annex building of the Tipas Elementary School with a covered court in Barangay Calzada-Tipas
- four-story building with a basketball court at Bagong Tanyag Elementary School Main in Barangay Tanyag
- four-story building with the covered court at Kapt. Jose Cardones Memorial Elementary School in Barangay South Signal
The buildings are equipped with air-conditioning, ceiling fans, water and electricity, and furniture.
“I am very happy with the results. All the credit goes to all the hardworking local government personnel who wholeheartedly performed their duties for the benefit of Taguigeños,” said Taguig Mayor Lino Cayetano.
He vowed to continue pursuing projects that would benefit the students of Taguig.
“Investing in our students is a priority. We want to help them succeed in life,” Cayetano said.
“Taguig will also reap the benefits as our students become productive members of society who will contribute on their own to the continued progress of the city,” he added.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.