Pagasa: Expect Fair, slightly humid weather in Metro Manila, many parts of PH
MANILA, Philippines — Fair and slightly humid weather with a chance of rain may be expected in most parts of the country, including Metro Manila, on Thursday, the state weather service said.
According to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa), this is because the northeast monsoon, locally termed “amihan,” will affect Northern Luzon while the easterlies will affect the eastern section of Mindanao.
“Kasalukuyan maganda at maaliwalas na panahon ang nararanasan sa malaking bahagi ng bansa. Sa malaking bahagi ng ating bansa, kasama ang Metro Manila, asahan natin ang medyo mainit na panahon ngayong araw,” said Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio.
(Currently, good and clear weather is being experienced in most parts of the country. The majority of the country, including Metro Manila, could expect slightly hot weather today. Thursday.)
Pagasa also predicted overcast skies with light rains due to the northeast monsoon in Cagayan and Apayao as well as partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated light rains in Ilocos Region, the rest of Cagayan Valley, and Cordillera Administrative Region.
Pagasa, however, said these weather conditions are anticipated to have no significant impact in these areas.
The easterlies, on the other hand, will bring cloudy skies with scattered rains and thunderstorms over Visayas, Caraga, Davao, and Northern Mindanao.
Pagasa warned flash floods and landslides may occur due to moderate to at times heavy rains in these areas.
Aurelio also said that the weather bureau is not monitoring any low-pressure area around the Philippine Area of Responsibility,
Meanwhile, Pagasa said the range of temperature in key cities/areas across the country for Thursday will be as follows:
- Laoag: 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 22 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 15 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Metro Manila: 23 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay City: 20 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Luzon, Visayas, and the eastern section of Mindanao will experience moderate to strong winds from east to northeast with moderate to rough sea conditions, Pagasa said.
The rest of Mindanao will have light to moderate winds in the northeast direction, with slight to moderate coastal waters, it added.