Silent majority will vote for Isko Moreno —campaign manager
MANILA, Philippines — The silent majority will vote for presidential candidate Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno, his campaign manager said Thursday.
Campaign manager Lito Banayo was asked for a reaction on a scenario wherein the silent majority would choose Vice President Leni Robredo.
“We think the silent majority will gravitate towards Isko Moreno and not Vice President Leni, with all due apologies to the handlers of Vice President Leni,” Banayo said on ABS-CBN News Channel’s Headstart.
“Precisely because the message of Vice President Leni has been centered on targeting her political enemies,” he explained.
Banayo likewise said Moreno’s camp is not going after Robredo’s votes.
“She will get 14 to 15 percent and that is her cap. So, we are not targeting the votes of Vice President Leni Robredo,” he said.
“We have a common enemy whether it is Vice President Leni or us, and the common enemy is the frontrunner right now which is Ferdinand Marcos Jr.,” continued Banayo.
In a Pulse Asia survey released in December last year, 53 percent of respondents chose Marcos as their presidential bet, 20 percent picked Robredo, and 8 percent selected Moreno.
Banayo claimed that Marcos Jr. has thousands of trolls whose presence are active on social media.
“We know for a fact that they have about thousands of trolls out there. Kami, wala (Us, none). Organic ‘yung aming support ‘no (Our support is organic) and that is where that strength is gradually beginning, starting,” he said.
The campaign manager added that they project Moreno’s numbers to rise by the end of March.
“We see a continuing decline in FM Jr.’s numbers and a continuing ascent in our numbers. Hopefully, by end of March probably we have —if Isko gets 30 percent or so, at the expense of Ferdinand Marcos Jr., then it becomes a real fight to the end,” he said.
Meanwhile, Banayo said Moreno’s camp is “quite confident” of getting the nod of Cebu voters.
Based on the Commission on Elections Cebu, the number of voters in the province grew to 3.2 million as of September 28.
“I hope so and I’m quite confident that in the end, we’re going to get Cebu,” Banayo said.