Bongbong Marcos won't attend forum for presidential bets, says KBP prexy | Inquirer News
Close  

Bongbong Marcos won’t attend forum for presidential bets, says KBP prexy

/ 11:27 AM February 03, 2022
Marcos declines KBP forum

FILE PHOTO: Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. INQUIRER FILES

MANILA, Philippines — Former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has declined to join the forum for presidential aspirants hosted by the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP) on Friday due to conflict in his schedule, KBP President Herman Basbaño said Thursday.

Basbaño said the KBP sent invitations to Vice President Leni Robredo, Senators Panfilo Lacson and Manny Pacquiao, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso, labor leader Leody de Guzman, and Marcos to participate in the forum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Basbaño said all but Marcos accepted the KBP’s invitation.

“Ang hindi tumanggap ng ating imbitasyon ay si former Senator Bongbong Marcos,” Basbaño said in an interview with ABS-CBN’s Teleradyo.

FEATURED STORIES

(Former Senator Bongbong Marcos did not accept our invitation.)

“May letter naman sila (Marcos’ camp) declining the invitation. I think it was because of some conflicts sa schedules nila,” he added.

(They have sent a letter declining the invitation. I think it was because of some conflicts in his schedule.)

Basbaño said the KBP respects the decision of Marcos not to attend the event.

“We respect the decision of whoever [presidential aspirant], kung anuman, sa invitation. That is true also for former Senator Bongbong Marcos. Kung hindi niya tinanggap, respetuhin natin ‘yan,” he said.

(We respect whatever their decision is to the invitation. That is true also for former Senator Bongbong Marcos. If he did not accept it, we should respect that.)

In a statement, the camp of Marcos confirmed that there is a conflict in schedule therefore the presidential aspirant would not be able to participate in the interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Instead, the camp expressed gratitude to the KBP for inviting Marcos to the forum.

“Although we have been looking forward to BBM’s participation in this event, his current schedules prevent us from accommodating your request,” Marcos’ chief-of-staff Vic Rodriguez said in a statement.

“We look forward to engaging with similar KBP initiatives in the future,” he added.

Marcos also declined to be interviewed by GMA News broadcast journalist Jessica Soho last month. His camp said this is because Soho is biased against the Marcos family, a claim that GMA News strongly denied.

Marcos’ disqualification cases over his tax cases are still pending at the First Division of the Commission on Elections (Comelec).

/MUF

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., Herman Basbaño, Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas, KBP
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.