Magalong contracts COVID-19 again, but symptoms ‘very mild’
BAGUIO CITY––Mayor Benjamin Magalong announced Monday that he tested positive for COVID-19 for the second time.
In a statement, Magalong said he had been experiencing “very mild” symptoms since Jan. 29.
He said his swab test result came out Sunday night.
The mayor said he would continue to perform his duties while isolated.
In April last year, the country’s tracing czar contracted COVID-19 and experienced severe symptoms.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.