Marcos Jr says willing to disclose medical records to public
MANILA, Philippines — Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Tuesday said he is willing to make his medical records public should he win in the upcoming presidential elections.
“Yes, why not? I don’t see any reason kung bakit hindi (why not),” he said in an interview over DZRH.
“Nagpapa-check ka naman every year. Anong magiging isyu kung mahina ang puso mo? Eh ‘di ipakita mo. Walang mawawala sa tao. There’s no reason to hide your condition,” he added.
(You get checked every year. What would be the issue if you have a weak heart. Then reveal it. Nothing would be lost. There’s no reason to hide your condition.)
This is unlike President Rodrigo Duterte who has refused to disclose medical records, even prompting a lawyer to file a petition before the Supreme Court to compel him to make public his latest psychological examination results, health bulletins, and other medical records to prove he is still fit to lead the country.
However, the high court junked this plea.
Duterte’s state of health has been a recurring issue in his presidency given his advanced age.
The 75-year-old President has admitted publicly that he has Buerger’s disease and Barrett’s esophagus, among others, and that had been experiencing occasional headaches and has spinal issues which he attributes to a motorcycle accident when he was 68 years old.
He has also revealed taking sleeping pills and the highly addictive Fentanyl, as well as having myasthenia gravis–an autoimmune disease that destroys muscle receptors and can result in the drooping of eyelids, or overall weakness.