COVID-19 hits 190 city hall employees in Bacoor, Cavite | Inquirer News
Close  

COVID-19 hits 190 city hall employees in Bacoor, Cavite

/ 10:42 AM January 10, 2022
Bacoor City Hall. Image/screenshot from from Facebook / City Government of Bacoor

Bacoor City Hall. Image/screenshot from from Facebook / City Government of Bacoor

MANILA, Philippines — Nearly 200 city hall employees in Bacoor City, Cavite have so far tested positive for coronavirus disease, Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla said on Monday.

“Meron ho kaming 190 among all our employees who have been tested positive, most of them work from home,  yung iba nasa isolation facilities,” Revilla said in a Teleradyo interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

(We have 190 among all our employees who have been tested positive, most of them work from home, others are in isolation facilities.)

Because of this, Revilla said the number of personnel in the city hall will be limited but she assured that various services will remain in place.

FEATURED STORIES

In total, the city has recorded 1,076 active COVID-19 infections as of Monday, according to Revilla. She said most of the cases are only exhibiting mild symptoms.

“Hindi naman po severe halos yung mga tinatamaan dito, simpleng ubo, simpleng sipon, controlled pa naman po ito. Ang mga kapasidad ng mga ospital ay more or less nasa 80 percent at may 20 percent pang pwedeng pumasok ang ating mga kababayang may sakit,” she added.

(Most of the cases are not severe, only a simple cough, simple colds, it’s still controlled. The capacity in hospitals is more or less 80 percent so we have the remaining 20 percent still available for those who are falling sick.)

Amid the high number of COVID-19 cases in the city, Revilla has recently issued an executive order restricting the entry of unvaccinated individuals in different establishments.

The city has also put up two more isolation facilities to prevent further spread of the virus within households.

Vaccination status

So far, over 618,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in Bacoor City, which targets to vaccinate 485,000 of its population.

Revilla said the city has fully vaccinated 60.42 percent of its target population.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, 12,111 have received their booster shots, she added.

Revilla then encouraged Bacoor residents to get vaccinated against COVID-19. She said the city accepts walk-ins  for booster shots but reminded that registration is required for pediatric vaccination.

EDV

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bacoor City, Cavite, coronavirus Philippines, coronavirus surge
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.