Typhoon Odette death toll climbs to 397 | Inquirer News
Close  

Typhoon Odette death toll climbs to 397

By: - Reporter / @DYGalvezINQ
/ 01:16 PM December 28, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Three hundred ninety seven persons, so far,  have been reported dead due to Typhoon Odette, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a Palace briefing, NDRRMC executive director Ricardo Jalad said the number of missing persons climbed to 83 while 1,147 other people are reported to have been injured.

Jalad said over 4.2 million individuals or 1.08 million families were displaced by Typhoon Odette, which ravaged parts of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao almost two weeks ago.

FEATURED STORIES

Over 560,000 persons remained displaced and are staying in 1,201 evacuation centers.

gsg

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Death Toll, Jalad, NDRRMC, Odette
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.