DOH reports 19 firework-related injuries ahead of New Year | Inquirer News
Close  

DOH reports 19 firework-related injuries ahead of New Year

/ 04:27 PM December 27, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) reported on Monday 19 firework-related injuries ahead of the New Year revelry.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to DOH, the 19 injuries as of December 27 were 58 percent higher compared to 12 cases in 2020 but 67 percent lower than the 58 average injuries in the last five years during the same period.

“All cases were injuries due to fireworks. There was no fireworks ingestion, stray bullet injury, or death reported,” the DOH said.

FEATURED STORIES

Of the 19 injuries, seven were from Western Visayas.

The DOH said 16 of the injuries were due to illegal fireworks and three were due to legal fireworks.

RELATED STORIES:

DOH records 50 firework-related injuries, but notes 85% drop compared last year 

DOH: Reported injuries from fireworks rise to 288 

JPV

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: DoH, Firework-related injuries, fireworks, New Year
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.