Residents in Bulacan city urged to report violators of health protocols
CITY OF SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, Bulacan — Residents here were asked to report violators of health protocols as the local government intensifies its efforts to curb the outbreak of COVID-19, an official said Wednesday, Sept. 29
In a phone interview, Mayor Arthur Robes said the city would need help from its residents, especially the youth, to ensure that minimum health standards are strictly followed.
This prompted the local officials to launch a “COVID-19 Army Nation” that will receive reports of violation as reported by residents online.
Robes said their manpower is not enough to monitor violators in the city.
As of Wednesday, the city has 910 active COVID-19 cases, the highest among the local government units in Bulacan.
A drive-thru swab facility was also opened last week to cater to residents who are in urgent need of the COVID-19 result. It offers antigen and a reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test that can provide results within 24 hours. INQ
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.