Albay town placed under ECQ due to COVID-19 surge
LIGAO CITY––The Camalig government placed the town in Albay province under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) due to the increasing number of COVID-19 infections.
Camalig Mayor Carlos Irwin Baldo signed and released an executive order (EO) on Sept. 25 that places the town under the strictest form of community quarantine for seven days.
Baldo said in his EO that if the COVID-19 cases continue to rise after one week, the ECQ would be extended for another week.
As of Sept. 25, the municipality has had 328 confirmed patients since the pandemic started last year. This number includes 217 recoveries, 20 deaths, and 91 active cases.
In a phone interview, Baldo said most of the residents are “very relaxed and complacent it seems COVID-19 pandemic is not happening, wherein they are no longer observing the health protocol(s), particularly the wearing of face mask.”
Under ECQ, school activities, particularly the distribution and retrieval of modules, are suspended.
“Markets must be closed at 5 p.m., curfew will start at 9 p.m. and ends at 4 a.m. Liquor ban must be strictly followed,” Baldo added.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.