17 more Subic Freeport residents contract COVID-19
SUBIC BAY FREEPORT––At least 17 more residents inside this free port have tested positive for COVID-19, the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) said on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
The youngest patient is 17 years old and asymptomatic. The oldest is 68 years old, who had moderate symptoms, the SBMA said in a statement.
Only three of these patients are in a hospital. The others were on home quarantine.
The new patients brought to 74 the free port’s active cases that include transients and SBMA employees.
Since last year, 453 COVID-19 cases had been recorded in the free port. Seven of them had died.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.