DOH: P237M fund for SRA already disbursed
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) has already disbursed P237.28 million out of the P311 million funds downloaded for the special risk allowance (SRA) of health workers at the frontlines against COVID-19.
Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the amount disbursed was as of Monday.
“Yesterday, P237.28 million were already disbursed to our local government and private hospitals so meron po tayong about P74.5 million na ready na rin po ang tseke for distribution to various LGUs and private facilities,” she told an online media briefing on Tuesday.
(Yesterday, P237.28 million were already disbursed to our local government and private hospitals so we have about P74.5 million ready for distribution to various LGUs and private facilities.)
The P311 million fund for the SRA will benefit over 20,000 public and private health workers who directly dealt with COVID-19 patients between December 20 last year and June 30 this year.
Vergeire said the funds were downloaded to DOH regional offices on August 27, “as soon as the Department of Budget and Management released the funds.”
The DOH has also requested another P201 million for the SRA of 17,000 more healthcare workers. The department said it is awaiting further lists of health workers eligible to receive the SRA in order to release the funds, as some health workers protest the delay in said benefits.
Beneficiaries of the SRA will receive up to P5,000 per month on a prorated basis, reflecting the number of days that they reported for work that month.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.