Palace: Duterte leaving it up to Ombudsman to release his SALN
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte is leaving it up to the Office of the Ombudsman to release to the public his statement of assets, liabilities, and net worth (SALN), Malacañang said Monday.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque maintained that the President “has complied with his constitutional duty to submit or file his SALN.”
“Interested parties may therefore wish to write a formal communication to the Office of the Ombudsman, which has copies of SALNs of all public officials, asking for a copy of the said document,” he said.
Roque issued the remark after Vice President Leni Robredo challenged the President to release his SALN to set an example and show that he’s serious about snuffing out corruption in government.
In September last year, the Office of the Ombudsman issued a memorandum circular saying it would no longer grant public access to SALNa without the concerned officials’ consent.
Duterte’s last publicly accessible SALN was in 2017 where he declared a net worth of P28.5 million.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.