Manila suspends overnight COVID-19 vaccination Wednesday due to lack of doses
MANILA, Philippines — Manila suspended its overnight vaccination drive for Wednesday due to vaccine supply shortage, Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said Tuesday.
On Wednesday, vaccination will be carried on only from 7:00 a.m.to 7:00 p.m, but those belonging to all priority groups — from A1 to A5 — will be vaccinated.
“No walk-in, no night vaccination tomorrow due to supply shortage,” Domagoso said.
“What I mean, my countrymen, is that the 118,000 [doses] that were sent to us were all used up by the third day,” Domagoso said in Filipino.
A total of 1,800 doses will be allocated to each of Manila’s six districts.
“We were not able to reach 2,000 because this is really limited,” Domagoso said.
The city has so far inoculated 1,575,085 people. Of this number, 946,734 received the first dose and 667,148 completed the second dose.
Wednesday will also be the start of aid distribution in all cities in Metro Manila, including Manila.
Metro Manila is under enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 6 to 20 due to the rising cases of the more transmissible Delta variant.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.