Live wire dangling from post kills Maasin market worker
TACLOBAN CITY—An employee of the Maasin City government was electrocuted and died on Monday (Aug. 9).
Alexander Javier Fernandez, 49, was walking when he passed by a live wire dangling from an electric post which touched his head.
Fernandez had just finished cleaning the city’s public market in Maasin when the accident happened past 4 p.m.
He suffered third degree burns in different parts of the body.
Police said there was no foul play in Fernandez’s death.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.