Another Nueva Ecija cop tagged in kidnap-slay of online seller yields
CABANATUAN CITY, Nueva Ecija—Another police officer, who was allegedly involved in the controversial kidnap-slay of a female online seller, surrendered to authorities Thursday, Aug. 5.
Lt. Col. Julius Caesar Manucdoc, city police chief, said Senior Master Sergeant Rowen Martin, 41, of San Leonardo town, was accompanied by lawyer Shiela Gatchalian.
Martin, a member of the city police station, also surrendered his service firearm, a Glock 17 with serial no. PNP 26749.
In his report, Manucdoc said Martin had been placed under the city police custody “for proper disposition.”
Martin is among the five policemen and two civilians tagged in the kidnap-slay of Nadia Casar, 35, whose body was found burned on Aug. 1 in Imelda Valley, Palayan City. INQ
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.