2 siblings perish in Sorsogon blaze | Inquirer News
Close  

2 siblings perish in Sorsogon blaze

sorsogon

LEGAZPI CITY – Two siblings died while their mother was injured after fire struck three houses in Matnog, Sorsogon on Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

The fatalities were identified as Tinay Gardon, 18, and Baby Gardon, 11, who were trapped inside their burning house while their mother, Jennifer managed to escape the flames.

Police Senior Master Sergeant Rommel Chil of the Matnog police, said the fire started from a lighted candle that Gardon family had used after the power outage in Barangay Tablac at around 8:30 p.m.

FEATURED STORIES

Based on initial investigation, the candle near the stockpiled gallons of gasoline may have triggered the fire that led to the explosion of the gas tanks in two separate houses.

Police said the family sells gasoline in bottles as their source of income.

“The siblings, who were eating when the incident happened, had no way out. Their mother was at the main door where the fire started,” Chil said.

The fire that was placed under control at 11 p.m completely gutted the two houses, while another was partially damaged.

gsg

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: house fire, Sorsogon
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.