Mobile vaccination against COVID-19 rolls out in Bulacan
GUIGUINTO, Bulacan—A mobile vaccination program was launched in this town on Friday (July 9) to speed up the mass inoculation against COVID-19 of people belonging to the priority sectors.
The program, which is a joint venture between the provincial government and the private sector, kicked off at Barangay Tabang here and served about 500 senior citizens and those with existing ailments.
Gov. Daniel Fernando said the help of municipal and city governments was necessary for the province to achieve herd immunity in time for Christmas.
The mobile vaccination targets qualified recipients in villages, especially the elderly who could not go to the vaccination sites identified by the local government.
Dr. Hjordis Marushka Celis, Bulacan provincial COVID-19 task force assistant head, said two buses and a team of health workers were involved in the program.
So far, at least 92,000 out of 300,000 of senior citizens in the province were vaccinated with the first dose of anti-COVID-19 vaccine while 16,000 were already fully vaccinated.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.