COVID-19 death count in Zambales now at 60
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales — The COVID-19 death toll in this province reached 60 on Wednesday, June 9, after the deaths of three more elderly patients.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the new fatalities were a 77-year-old man from Subic town, an 81-year-old man from Botolan, and a 74-year-old woman also from Subic.
Bueno said these patients died between May 21-24 but were added to the COVID-19 tally only on Wednesday since their infection was confirmed based on a postmortem.
Health data also showed that the province also recorded 23 other new COVID-19 cases on the same day. These include three kitchen crew at a public office in the capital town of Iba, who were exposed to their co-worker.
Some of the other new cases belong to the same households.
To date, the province has 2,846 confirmed cases since the pandemic broke out last year, 693 of which are still active while 2,092 had recovered from the disease.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.