QC doctor loses over P1.5M worth of jewelry to newly hired maid
MANILA, Philippines — A pulmonary physician in Quezon City has allegedly lost P1.5 million in jewels to a newly hired maid after just one week on the job.
A police report from the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) identified the suspect as Annalyn Tiglao, 33-years old, a native of Pampanga and residing in Caloocan City.
Dr. Virginia delos Reyes, a pulmonary physician, told Quezon City police that she discovered Tiglao missing on June 7 at 12:07 p.m., along with her jewels and watches valued at P100,000.
Her sister’s pieces of jewelry, estimated to be worth P1.5 million, were also allegedly stolen.
The following is a breakdown of the jewelry and its value, as disclosed in the victim’s police testimony:
1. Diamond earrings and necklace and ring set worth Php 250,000.00
2. Diamond Bracelet worth Php 45,000.00
3. Gold Topaz set earrings and ring worth Php 20,000.00
4. Two (2) set of Pearl necklace worth Php 50,000.00
5. Omega watch worth Php 150,000.00
6. Bulova gold watch worth Php 80,000.00
7. Platinum diamond stud earrings worth Php 120,000.00
8. Diamond studded ring worth Php 20,000.00
9. Hermes bracelet worth Php 40,000.00
10. Gold Cartier bracelet worth Php 280,000.00
11. Gold Cartier ring worth Php 150,000.00
12. Pearl earrings two pairs worth Php 60,000.00
13. Cameo necklace and pendant worth Php 60,000.00
14. Gold Bracelet 10k worth Php 35,000.00
15. Necklace and pendant 14k worth Php 15,000.00
All in all, the stolen jewelry amounted to a total of P1,505,000.
Since then, a team from the Quezon City Police District’s Masambong Police Station has been dispatched in the filing of the charge of theft against the suspect as well as the recovery of the stolen items.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.