Some 300 guests in Caloocan resort won’t face raps for now | Inquirer News

Some 300 guests in Caloocan resort won’t face raps for now

‘Having them swab tested, quarantined more important'
/ 09:35 AM May 11, 2021
Closure order on Gubat sa Ciudad resort in Caloocan City

Closure order on Gubat sa Ciudad resort in Caloocan City. Image from Caloocan PIO

MANILA, Philippines — Some 300 guests in a recently-shut Gubat sa Ciudad resort in Caloocan City would not face fines and charges for now, Caloocan mayor Oscar Malapitan said Tuesday as the city intended to prioritize having them swab tested and quarantined.

“Hindi na muna, maaaring humantong tayo doon (arrest), pero ang importante ngayon, masabihan sila na mag-quarantine sila at meron tayong libreng swab,” Malapitan said in a Teleradyo interview, when asked if the local government plans on filing charges against the resort’s guests in violation of ordinances.

ADVERTISEMENT

(Not for now, although we might get there. But what’s important for now is to have them notified that they should go on quarantine and have them swab tested for free.)

“Kasi pag sinabi mong papatawan, magtatago kaagad ‘yang mga ‘yan,” he pointed out.

FEATURED STORIES

(When we said they would be charged, they might go into hiding.)

Malapitan said the local government has challenges in contact tracing the 300 guests in the resort.

“Merong iba na ibang pangalan ang ginamit, merong hindi ma-contact sa number nila,” he said. (Some used other names, some could not be contacted with their phone numbers.)

Malapitan said he also summoned the chairman of Barangay 171 to find out why he was not informed about the ongoing operation of the resort.

The local chief executive said they are preparing to file charges against the owners of the resort, only identified as “De Guzman Family.”

“Kahapon pine-prepare na namin yung criminal case against them, eh nagtatalo ho kami dahil yung father nila ay namatay na, kung kanino namin ipapangalan yung demandang inihain namin,” Malapitan explained.

(We were preparing the criminal case against them, we were arguing as to who would be charged, because the father who is the owner of the resort had already died.)

RELATED STORY: TV cameraman hurt after commotion in Caloocan resort, two men arrested

EDV
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Oscar Malapitan. Gubat sa Ciudad resort, quarantine violations
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.