Caloocan barangay chief arrested for allowing mass gathering in resort | Inquirer News
Close  

Caloocan barangay chief arrested for allowing mass gathering in resort

By: - Reporter / @DYGalvezINQ
/ 02:48 AM May 11, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — A barangay chairman in Caloocan City has been arrested for allowing a resort to operate and host a  mass gathering, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said during a pre-recorded briefing of President Rodrigo Duterte that aired Monday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Año said the chairman of Barangay 171 had been arrested for allowing the Gubat sa Ciudad resort to operate despite the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) imposed over Metro Manila.

He added that the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Caloocan City government had started preparing  cases to file against the about 300 guests and the owner of the resort.

FEATURED STORIES

“Supposedly bilang isang barangay official alam po niya dapat ang nangyayari sa kanyang nasasakupan,” he added.

Caloocan Mayor Oscar Malapitan has ordered the closure of the resort for the violation.

The Department of Health (DOH) earlier said it was monitoring the resort guest as they should undergo a 14-day quarantine.

[atm]
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: COVID-19 pandemic, Gubat sa Ciudad resort, quarantine violations
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.