Olongapo City logs 73rd COVID-19 death | Inquirer News
Close  

Olongapo City logs 73rd COVID-19 death

SAN ANTONIO, Zambales– A 73-year-old man in Olongapo City became the city’s 73rd COVID-19 fatality an official said on Saturday (May 8).

In a statement, Olongapo Mayor Rolen Paulino Jr. said the man, a resident of Barangay Mabayuan, suffered from Parkinson’s disease, pneumonia, and diabetes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Paulino said the patient was taken to a hospital after experiencing chronic cough and feeling weak. But the man was declared dead on arrival at the hospital on May 8 and was later confirmed to be positive for COVID-19.

The city also recorded 13 new COVID-19 cases on that day, bringing to 193 the number of active infections.

FEATURED STORIES

Since last year, the city logged 1,603 COVID-19 cases and at least 1,337 have recovered from the disease. INQ

/MUF

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: COVID-19, death, Olongapo City
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.