Point-to-point air travel for leisure from NCR Plus gets IATF nod
MANILA, Philippines — The government’s COVID-19 task force has allowed point-to-point air travel for leisure from the NCR Plus areas to select destinations, Malacañang said Friday.
In a statement, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases “approved and adopted the Guidelines on Point-to-Point Air Travel for Leisure Purposes from the NCR Plus Areas” crafted by the Department of Tourism.
“Antayin po natin at abangan ang mga guidelines ng DOT tungkol dito pero pupuwede na po pumunta sa mga tourist spots pero point-to-point po yan,” Roque said.
(Let’s wait for the DOT’s guidelines but we can now go to tourist spots though it will be point-to-point.)
Roque also confirmed to INQUIRER.net that the point-to-point air travel is allowed even as NCR Plus remains under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
According to guidelines obtained by INQUIRER.net from Secretary Bernadette Romulo Puyat, accommodation establishments in tourist destinations must secure a certificate of authority to operate for point-to-point air travel leisure.
Establishments must secure this certificate from the DOT Regional Office with jurisdiction over their area.
Requirements to secure such document are the following:
- Letter of Intent to operate under a Point-to-Point Travel Bubble
- Endorsement letter or approval from the Local Government Unit (LGU) with jurisdiction over the accommodation establishment that it may accommodate guests from NCR Plus
- Implementation plan or any presentation detailing the health and safety protocols implemented by the accommodation establishment from the guests’ point of origin to the accommodation establishment, and back (photos, traffic management plan, demarcations)
- Implementation plan for the handling of guests and employees, when they test positive or develop symptoms for COVID-19
- In case the accommodation establishment does not have a transport service of its own, a copy of its contract/s with transport service provider/s stating such transportation is for the management and/or exclusive use of the concerned accommodation establishment
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.