Zambales reports 3 COVID-19 related deaths, 39 new cases in a day
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales – Three coronavirus disease patients have died and 39 new COVID-19 cases were added to this province’s tally as of Friday (April 30), a health official said.
An 88-year-old woman from Subic town, an 81-year-old man in Iba town, and a 68-year-old man in Palauig town passed away after contracting COVID-19, bringing the total number of fatalities in Zambales to 40, said Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director.
Transmission among families has been observed in the recent spike of cases.
Among the new cases are six members of a Palauig family in Barangay (village) Liozon, Bueno said. Five of them complained about “feeling ill” after a gathering last week and underwent tests.
Three members of another family in Barangay Sto. Niño in San Felipe town tested positive for the disease.
Bueno also reported 21 new recoveries, bringing the total number of patients who survived COVID-19 to 1,517.
Since the pandemic began last year, Zambales medical workers have treated a total of 1,835 COVID-19 cases.
JOANNA ROSE AGLIBOT INQ
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.