Olongapo gets COVID-19 breather: 17 recoveries, no deaths on April 26
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales–At least 17 people in Olongapo have recovered from COVID-19 on Monday (April 26), giving the city a breather from the almost daily deaths that had been recorded previously.
The number of recoveries in the city now stood at 1,210, according to city health data.
So far, Olongapo has registered 85.21 percent recovery out of 1,410 infections since 2020.
In a statement, Mayor Rolen Paulino Jr. said no COVID-19 death was recorded on Monday.
It was a relief for the city which recently saw COVID-19 deaths almost daily, residents said.
Paulino said only three new infections were also recorded that day. These included a that of a 10-year-old boy who was exposed to one of his parents.
The other new patients are a 28-year-old bank teller and a 33-year-old Customs representative.
Olongapo has also logged 63 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic broke out.
Paulino said the city has begun its vaccine rollout for senior citizens. He encouraged other qualified residents to register online to be given priority in the injections.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.