With 132 new COVID-19 cases in just one day, Tuguegarao goes on longer MECQ | Inquirer News
Close  

With 132 new COVID-19 cases in just one day, Tuguegarao goes on longer MECQ

By: - Correspondent / @VillVisayaJrINQ
/ 07:13 PM April 20, 2021

TUGUEGARAO CITY—The city government has extended its modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) until the end of April due to the growing number of COVID-19 cases.

Mayor Jefferson Soriano said his Executive Order No. 59, which keeps the city on MECQ from April 20-30, had been approved by the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force (RIATF) on Monday (April 19). MECQ is the second most stringent quarantine classification in the Philippines.

ADVERTISEMENT

The city now has 1,092 active COVID-19 cases out of the 3,580 cumulative confirmed cases since 2020.

On Monday alone, the city had listed 132 new COVID-19 cases.

FEATURED STORIES

At least 2,447 patients had recovered from the disease and 41 had died.

Soriano had urged villagers to stay home to help slow down community transmission of SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 and which experts recently said was found to be airborne.

The city has been on MECQ since April 13 after being placed on a 14-day ECQ, the most stringent quarantine classification.

TSB

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, community transmission, MECQ, pandemic, Tuguegarao City
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.