Fire guts old Southern Leyte town hall
ORMOC CITY – A fire destroyed the old municipal building of Macrohon town, Southern Leyte at about 11:45 p.m. on Friday, April 16.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Charlito Conrad Abiera of the Macrohon fire department said based on their initial investigation, faulty electrical wiring started the fire.
Damage was pegged at least P2 million.
Abiera said they have yet to establish the cause of the fire.
The fire was controlled at 2:40 a.m. and was totally put out at 3:40 a.m. on Saturday.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.