DILG deliberates on requests to extend ECQ aid distribution
MANILA, Philippines — Authorities are now studying whether to implement a case-to-case or a blanket extension on the distribution of financial assistance for those affected by recent lockdowns in the so-called National Capital Region (NCR) Plus bubble.
DILG Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya said various local government units (LGUs) have already sent a formal request to their office regarding the extension of the cash aid distribution.
“‘Yan ang pag-uusapan nila [DILG] Secretary (Eduardo) Año, sila ang magdedesisyon niyan kung case-to-case basis o gagawin naming blanket extension,” Malaya said in an interview over Teleradyo on Friday.
(That’s being discussed. They will decide if it’s going to be a case-to-case basis or it will be a blanket extension.)
Malaya said that so far, the governments of Muntinlupa City, Valenzuela City, and Quezon City, as well as 14 LGUs in Bulacan, two in Rizal, three in Laguna, and two in Cavite, have already asked for an extension.
“Once may desisyon na nyan (Once there is a decision), we will announce to the public,” Malaya said.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) earlier reported that as of April 14, information from DILG showed that 3.999 million beneficiaries have already received the P1,000 per head assistance – the bulk of which are Metro Manila residents with 2.944 million.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.