PACC receives 8,000 complaints regarding distribution of ECQ aid
MANILA, Philippines – Some 8,000 complaints were lodged before the Philippine Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) in connection with the distribution of aid for individuals affected by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the “NCR Plus” bubble, its chairman said Thursday.
PACC chairman Greco Belgica expressed alarm over the number of complaints given the distribution of the assistance has only begun.
“I remember noong unang ayuda, we received 9,000 complaints. Ngayon kasisimula pa lang, 8,000 na kaagad so very alarming po yan,” Belgica said during the Laging Handa briefing.
(I remember on the distribution of the first aid [last year], we received 9,000 complaints. Now we have just started and we have already received 8,000, it is very alarming.)
Belgica warned local chief executives who are proven to have taken advantage of the aid will face sanctions.
“So sina-summarize namin yung mga report para sa gagawing meeting with the Department of [the] Interior and Local Government para maaksyunan po ito, maimbestigahan at makasuhan kung totoo,” Belgica said.
(We are summarizing the report that we will be presenting in the meeting with the DILG in order to take action, to investigate and file charges if proven.
Some 22.9 million beneficiaries are to receive P1,000 each with a limit of P4,000 per family due to the two-week ECQ in Metro Manila, Rizal, Bulacan, Cavite and Laguna.
Earlier, Interior Undersecretary Martin Diño warned local officials of imprisonment if there are irregularities found in the delivery of the assistance intended for those affected by the ECQ implementation. – Liezelle Soriano Roy, INQUIRER.net trainee
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.