OVP’s mobile COVID-19 testing ready to start rolling on Tuesday | Inquirer News
Close  

OVP’s mobile COVID-19 testing ready to start rolling on Tuesday

/ 10:00 PM March 29, 2021
OVP's swab cab

Vice President Leni Robredo oversees the preparations for the formal launch of the Swab Cab, the Office of the Vice President’s latest initiative to help local governments in Metro Manila conduct efficient community based testing, in order to identify positive cases faster for contact tracing and isolation. Photo by Charlie Villegas/OVP

MANILA, Philippines — The Office of the Vice President’s (OVP) mobile COVID-19 testing initiative — a mobile swab testing facility mounted in a bus —  is ready for its launch on Tuesday, the OVP confirmed.

Photos from the OVP on Monday showed Vice President Leni Robredo herself checking the final preparations, before the Swab Cab starts operating and testing individuals from communities around Metro Manila.

ADVERTISEMENT

For Tuesday, the Swab Cab’s first stop is in Malabon City.

OVP's swab cab

The inside of the Swab Cab swabbing facility. Photo from the Office of the Vice President

The OVP said that this plan would help local governments identify cases early on, and prevent localized transmissions and avoid cases from piling up.

FEATURED STORIES

“Vice President Leni Robredo on Monday morning (March 29, 2021) oversaw the preparations for the formal launch of Swab Cab, the Office of the Vice President’s latest initiative to help local governments in Metro Manila conduct efficient community based testing, in order to identify positive cases faster for contact tracing and isolation,” OVP said in a statement.

“The pilot run of the initiative will start on Tuesday in Malabon City, in partnership with its local government, and Angat Buhay partners Kaya Natin Movement and UBE Express,” it added.

Robredo announced previously that the Swab Cab would run from March 30 to April 6, in areas with reports of high COVID-19 transmissions.  Earlier, the Vice President lamented the low number of COVID-19 tests done despite another record-breaking day in terms of new infections.

READ: Robredo: Data on vacant COVID-19 hospital beds far from reality on the ground 

The country is currently dealing with an upsurge in COVID-19 cases, especially in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Laguna, and Cavite — areas placed under an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

With the record-high increase, the Philippines now has 115,495 active infections — even with over 22,000 recoveries recorded on Sunday.

READ: PH breaks record for new COVID-19 cases again with 10,016 infections 

READ: Metro Manila, 4 provinces under ECQ due to COVID-19 surge — Palace

JPV

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: 2019 Novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 Testing, ECQ, enhanced community quarantine, lockdown, mass testing, nCoV update, Office of the Vice President, OVP, Philippine news updates, Swab Cab, Vice President Leni Robredo
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.