PCOO chief Andanar contracts COVID-19 | Inquirer News
Close  

PCOO chief Andanar contracts COVID-19

By: - Reporter / @DYGalvezINQ
/ 09:00 PM March 29, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar has contracted COVID-19.

In a statement on Monday, Andanar said he is asymptomatic and was immediately isolated and put on home quarantine.

ADVERTISEMENT

He has also informed those with whom he came into contact so that they could be quarantined.

“Rest assured, I am okay and I will still continue to work hard and to perform my duties well, including hosting regular shows to inform the public, as I recuperate from the virus,” he said.

FEATURED STORIES

The PCOO chief also urged the public not to believe rumors of him violating travel restrictions, saying he would “never jeopardize the well-being of others.”

“At this time, I would like to remind everyone that we are all still susceptible to COVID-19. Anyone can be infected, which is why we need to strictly adhere to the safety protocols,” he said.

“I also call on those in areas under ECQ to be extra vigilant and to follow the extra measures set in place by our government, they are for everyone’s safety,” he added.

Cabinet secretaries and government personnel are among the country’s many new COVID-19 cases.

Last month, Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, Philippine National Police chief Gen. Debold Sinas and Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez tested positive for the disease.

The Department of Health reported 10,016 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, marking the largest increase in new cases in a single day since the pandemic began last year.

This pushed the total number of cases to 731,894, with 602,213 recoveries and 13,186 fatalities.

ADVERTISEMENT

The current number of active COVID-19 cases is 115,495.

READ: PH breaks record for new COVID-19 cases again with 10,016 infections

To address the alarming rise of COVID-19 cases, the government has decided to place Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan and Rizal under enhanced community quarantine starting Monday until April 4.

READ: Metro Manila, 4 provinces under ECQ due to COVID-19 surge — Palace

abc

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Andanar, COVID-19
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.