JV Ejercito says hospitals really full; Erap stayed at ER overnight | Inquirer News
Close  

JV Ejercito says hospitals really full; Erap stayed at ER overnight

/ 07:20 PM March 29, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Former senator JV Ejercito warned the public to stay safe from COVID-19 because hordes of patients seeking medical assistance have taken over many hospitals, as his father, former President Joseph “Erap” Estrada, was forced to spend the night at a hospital’s emergency room.

Estrada was rushed to a hospital on Sunday afternoon, according to Ejercito on Twitter. He said that no space was available at the time, so the former president was forced to spend the night in the emergency room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ejercito and Jinggoy Estrada confirmed that the former president contracted COVID-19 and was rushed to the hospital due to body weakness.

READ: COVID-19 hits former President Joseph Estrada 

FEATURED STORIES

“Hospitals are really full, my father was rushed yesterday afternoon, but stayed overnight at the emergency room because no room was available.  Luckily by 11am they were able to give him a room already,” Ejercito said in a tweet.

“Kaya ingat talaga! Hospitals having a hard time, almost full occupancy,” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT

The country is currently grappling with an increase in COVID-19 cases, especially in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Laguna, Rizal and Cavite, which have been put under an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

According to data from the Department of Health (DOH), the Philippines set a new record for single-day increases in COVID-19 cases on Monday, with 10,016 new infections.

READ: PH breaks record for new COVID-19 cases again with 10,016 infections 

READ: Metro Manila, 4 provinces under ECQ due to COVID-19 surge — Palace 

This pushed the total number of active cases in the country to 115,495. According to DOH, 76 percent of intensive care unit (ICU) beds in the National Capital Region are filled, while 70 percent of isolation beds are occupied.

Just last week, several hospitals reached full capacity in terms of allocated beds and space for COVID-19 patients.

READ: Several NCR hospitals declare full capacity for COVID-19 cases 

READ: 2 more Metro Manila hospitals declare full capacity for COVID-19 cases 

abc

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: 2019 Novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic, ECQ, enhanced community quarantine, Erap, Former President Joseph Estrada, former senator JV Ejercito, lockdown, Manila, nCoV update, Philippine news updates
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.