New coronavirus infections prompt lockdown of Negros Occidental capitol offices
BACOLOD CITY—Part of the Negros Occidental provincial capitol, including the governor’s office, was locked down starting on Friday (March 26) after the head of the Provincial Incident Management Team (PIMT) and three of his staffers were infected with SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Also locked down were the Provincial Administrator’s Office and the Provincial Disaster Management Program Division (PDMPD).
The Provincial Health Office is operating on a skeletal force.
Zeaphard Caelian, PIMT and PDMPD head, and three of his staffers were found positive for the virus after tests to prepare them for vaccine injection, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said.
Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said he was informed that Caelian was getting well already and that he has a very low viral load that is most likely not capable of infecting others.
“The doctors suspect Caelian’s COVID-19 has gone beyond 10 days already,” the governor said.
Lacson said he and those who had been exposed to Caelian and his companions, including the media, will be tested for the virus on Sunday (March 28) for “peace of mind.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.