Day 3 of vaccine program: More healthcare workers receive Sinovac shots
MANILA, Philippines — Healthcare workers from different hospitals in Metro Manila are scheduled to receive the China-donated Sinovac coronavirus vaccines on the third day of the government’s vaccination program.
Medical frontliners were inoculated on Wednesday with Sinovac’s CoronaVac at the East Avenue Medical Center, Cardinal Santos Medical Center, St. Luke’s Medical Center in Bonifacio Global City (BGC), and Quezon City, Ospital ng Muntinlupa, and the National Kidney and Transplant Institute.
The following have received doses of the vaccines on Wednesday:
National Kidney and Transplant Institute
• Head of Cardiovascular Laboratory Dr. Joseph Michael Jaro
Ospital ng Muntinlupa
• Medical Director Dr. Edwin Dimatatac
Cardinal Santos Medical Center
• Department of Orthopedics chairman Dr. Edgar Michael Eufemio
• Department on Internal Medicine Chief Resident Dr. Sergie Paul Fernandez
• VP and Head of Human Resources Maria Louzel Diaz
East Avenue Medical Center
• Medical Center Chief Dr. Alfonso Nuñez III
• Nurse Rosemarie Reyes
San Lazaro Hospital
• Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine head Dr. Rontgene Solante
• San Lazaro Hospital spokesperson Dr. Ferdinand de Guzman
The Medical City, Pasig
• Acute and Critical Care Institute Director Dr. Jose Emmanuel Palo
St. Luke’s Medical Center-BGC
• President and CEO Dr. Arturo Dela Peña
• VP and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Benjamin Campomanes
Asian Hospital and Medical Center
• Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jose Acuin
Valenzuela City Medical Center
• Hospital Director Dr. Maria Estrella Litam
• Internal Medicine Resident Dr. Aldrin Ramos
According to vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr., who was recently vaccinated with CoronaVac, around 2,793 individuals have already been inoculated with the donated Covid-19 vaccine from China.
There are over 11 health facilities that have administered the Sinovac’s vaccine as of Tuesday or day two of the vaccination program.
Among these health facilities are:
• University of the Philippines-Philippine General Hospital (UP-PGH)
• Dr. Jose N Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center and Sanitarium (Tala Hospital)
• Lung Center of the Philippines (LCP)
• Victoriano Luna Medical Center (VLMC)
• Sta. Ana Hospital
• Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center
• Pasay City General Hospital
• Pasig City General Hospital
• Taguig-Pateros District Hospital
• Veterans Memorial Medical Center (VMMC)
• Philippine National Police General Hospital (PNPGH)
• Manila Naval Hospital
• Army General Hospital
• Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo Station Hospital
This is a developing story. The list will be updated.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.