Lucena City records 2 more Covid-19 deaths
LUCENA CITY – This city’s coronavirus disease (Covid-19) death toll rose by two to 64 on Saturday, local health authorities said.
The city’s public information office, citing the latest report from local Inter-Agency Task Force, said the latest deaths were reported in Barangays Gulang-Gulang and Cotta.
No details were made available on the latest fatalities, which were the eighth and ninth Covid-19 deaths in the city this month.
On February. 23, authorities reported the death of two patients in Barangay Ibabang Dupay and Domoit.
The day before, two more confirmed virus carriers also died in Barangay Ibabang Dupay and Ibabang Iyam.
The Covid-19 death toll in Quezon province jumped to 255.
But as the mortality rate in this city rises, the number of active Covid-19 cases has been declining.
The present number of active cases in Lucena has dropped to 15, its lowest, after peaking at 279 on Oct. 20, 2020.
Lucena recorded 1,568 Covid-19 cases and 1,489 recoveries since the pandemic was declared in March last year.
The Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO), in its latest report on Saturday disclosed that Quezon province logged 7,247 Covid-19 cases, with 6,824 recoveries.
The province still has 168 active virus carriers.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.