MRT 3 to continue despite infection cluster
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Transportation sees no reason for now to suspend operations of the Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT 3) even after its depot was placed under “enhanced access control” due to COVID-19 cases.
Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade told reporters on Thursday that MRT 3 General Manager Rodolfo Garcia was now in intensive care after being infected while MRT Director Michael Capati was still recovering.
Since last week, 36 office employees and six maintenance workers had been found positive for the coronavirus although Transportation Undersecretary for Railways Timothy John Batan said there were zero cases among station personnel. —Mariejo S. Ramos
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.