18 more coronavirus infections emerge in Zambales naval training station
SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES—The naval training station here has recorded 18 more COVID-19 cases that followed an outbreak last week, officials said on Thursday (Jan. 21).
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the new cases inside the Naval Education, Training and Doctrine Command (NETDC) involved persons who had contact with three students who tested positive for SARS Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from Jan. 13 to 15.
The latest infections raised to 33 the total COVID-19 tally at NETDC, which was already placed on a 14-day lockdown since Jan. 13.
Bueno said the students, aged 22 to 43, had been staying in the school for more than a year and had no travel history outside the province.
Also included in new COVID-19 cases in the province were those of a 63-year-old woman from Castillejos town, a 60-year-old woman from Subic town and a 30-year-old member of the Philippine Coast Guard.
The new cases brought to 801 the province’s total tally with 738 recoveries and 17 deaths.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.