Pagasa: Signal No. 1 in several areas due to Tropical Depression Vicky
MANILA, Philippines — Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal number 1 was raised on Friday over several areas in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao due to Tropical Depression Vicky 210 kilometers east of Davao City, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said.
In its 5 a.m. weather bulletin, the state weather bureau said the tropical depression is packing maximum sustained winds of up to 45 kilometers per hour (kph) near the center and gustiness of up to 55 kph, moving west-northwestward at 15 kph.
Pagasa said “Vicky” and the tail-end of a frontal system will bring moderate to heavy rainfall over the Caraga region, Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental, Camiguin, Southern Leyte, Leyte and Bohol.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over the Bicol region, the southern portion of Quezon, Lanao del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, and the rest of Visayas, Davao region and Northern Mindanao.
The weather disturbance is expected to move generally west-northwestward and cross the Davao Oriental-Surigao del Sur area in the next 12 hours, Pagasa said.
After passing Mindanao, the tropical depression is expected to emerge over the Bohol Sea early Saturday morning.
Subesequently, Pagasa predicted that Vicky will make its second landfall over the southern portion of Negros island.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 1 is up over the following areas:
- Cuyo Islands and Cagayancillo Islands
- The southern portion of Leyte (Baybay City, Javier, Abuyog, Mahaplag, Inopacan, Hindang, Hilongos, Bato, Matalom, Palompon, Merida, Isabel), Southern Leyte,
- the central and southern portions of Cebu (Borbon, Tabuelan, Tuburan, Sogod, Catmon, Carmen, Asturias, Danao City, Compostela, Liloan, Consolacion, Mandaue City, Lapu-Lapu City, Cordoba, Balamban, Cebu City, Talisay City, Toledo City, Minglanilla, Naga City, Pinamungahan, San Fernando, Aloguinsan, Carcar, Barili, Sibonga, Dumanjug, Ronda, Alcantara, Moalboal, Argao, Dalaguete, Badian, Alegria, Alcoy, Boljoon, Oslob, Malabuyoc, Ginatilan, Samboan, Santander)
- including Camotes Islands
- Negros Oriental
- Negros Occidental
- the central and southern portions of Iloilo (Ajuy, Barotac Viejo, San Enrique, San Rafael, Passi City, Bingawan, Calinog, Lambunao, Janiuay, Banate, Anilao, Dingle, Duenas, Badiangan, Barotac Nuevo, Zarraga, Pototan, Dumangas, Mina, New Lucena, Santa Barbara, Leganes, Iloilo City, Pavia, Cabatuan, Maasin, Alimodian, San Miguel, Leon, Oton, Tigbauan, Tubungan, Guimbal, Igbaras, Miagao, San Joaquin)
- and the southern portion of Antique (Valderrama, San Remigio, Sibalom, Hamtic, Tobias Fornier, Anini-Y, Bugasong, Laua-An, Patnongon, San Jose, Belison)
- Dinagat Islands
- Surigao del Norte
- Surigao del Sur
- Agusan del Norte
- Agusan del Sur
- Davao Oriental
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao City
- the northern portion of Davao del Sur (Santa Cruz, Digos City, Bansalan, Magsaysay, Matanao, Hagonoy)
- Misamis Oriental
- Misamis Occidental
- Lanao del Norte
- Lanao del Sur
- the northern portion of Maguindanao (Kabuntalan, Northern Kabuntalan, Sultan Kudarat, Sultan Mastura, Parang, Barira, Matanog, Buldon), Cotabato City
- North Cotabato
- the northern portion of Zamboanga del Sur (Pagadian City, Midsalip, Labangan, Tukuran, Aurora, Tambulig, Josefina, Molave, Ramon Magsaysay, Sominot, Mahayag, Dumingag)
- and the northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Siayan, Sindangan, Bacungan, Jose Dalman, Manukan, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, Sergio Osmena Sr., Katipunan, Dipolog City, Polanco, Pinan, Mutia, La Libertad, Dapitan City, Sibutad, Rizal)
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.